PURPOSE OF CGIP:
On behalf of the CG, 2d MLG, the Command Inspector General conducts inspections of subordinate units IOT promote combat readiness, integrity, efficiency, effectiveness and credibility.
PURPOSE OF INSPECTION:
Provide on-site training/assistance and actionable feedback to the inspected Commander, subordinate organizations and sections; enhance readiness; ensure compliance with appropriate orders and directives;combat fraud, waste, abuse and mismanagement; and provide an overall unit assessment to the CG, 2d MLG.
2DMLGO 5040.1Q (Commanding General's Inspection Program)
- To assess the operational readiness of 2d MLG units.
- To evaluate unit leadership, effectiveness, efficiency, and economy.
-To evaluate the effectiveness of policies, doctrine, and procedures.
- To assist in identifying work practices and conditions; which might unnecessarily expose Marines and Sailors to injury or health hazards.
- To assist commanders by identifying the status requirements and deficiencies of units or the supporting establishment, and by supplying information and assistance to effect positive change.
- To detect and precent fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement, discrimination, sexual harassment, environmental non-compliance, and any other related improprieties prejudicial to good order and discipline.
- To identify processes and procedures beneficial to the entire MLG.
In all inspections, emphasis will be on assessment of operational readiness, with a view toward rendering maximum training and assistance to the unit being inspected. The following grades will be assessed for each functional area covered during the inspection.
MISSION CAPABLE (MC): The unit possesses and utilizes the requisite skills, equipment, personnel, and knowledge to accomplish its assigned mission, tasks, and functions.
• May include “Findings”
• Identify noteworthy personnel
• Identify programs with “Best Practices”
NON-MISSION CAPABLE (NMC): The unit does not possess or does not use the requisite skills, equipment, personnel, and knowledge to accomplish its assigned mission, tasks and functions.
• Requires re-inspection within 90 days of the original inspection date.