Submitting a Complaint to the Inspector General
If you have already contacted Congress:
The Office of the Inspector General can not duplicate the process that has already been initiated by a member of Congress. Please continue to lodge your complaint with your point of contact within the appropriate congressional office.
No longer active duty/Need to update records:
The Board of Correction for Naval Records is the only office that has the authority to change your Official Military Personnel File.
How to File a Complaint Utilizing the Hotline:
Copies of a veteran's record may be requested from The National Archives.
- Complaints may be filed by telephone, email, fax, mail, or office visit.
- Complainants may elect to remain anonymous or confidential.
- You will be asked to complete a hotline complaint form.
- Third party and anonymous complainants will not receive the final disposition of their complaint due to privacy act concerns.
- All complaints received via the hotline will be analyzed by CIG personnel to determine the best course of action in resolving the complaint.
- Knowingly submitting false complaints can be punishable under the UCMJ.
Methods of Submission:
CLICK HERE FOR HOTLINE COMPLAINT FORM
Office Phone: (910) 451 - 1711
Mail: Commanding General (Command Inspector General)< br/>
PSC BOX 20002
Camp Lejeune, NC 28542 - 0002
Fax: (910) 450 - 8339
The CIG's office is located on H Street in Bldg 333.