2d Dental Battalion/Naval Dental Center
- One year certificate program approved by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Residents have the opportunity to expand the scope and depth of their knowledge and skills in comprehensive treatment planning, prosthodontics, oral surgery, endodontics, periodontics, orofacial pain, CAD/CAM, pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, and general dentistry.
- Location: Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, NC 28547
- Compensation: Department of Defense Active Duty Military Officer Pay and Allowances
Advanced Dental Education Programs in Advanced Education in General Dentistry are educational programs designed to provide training beyond the level of pre-doctoral education in oral health care, using applied basic and behavioral sciences. Education in these programs is based on the concept that oral health is an integral and interactive part of total health. The programs are designed to expand the scope and depth of their knowledge and skills to enable them to provide comprehensive oral health care to a wide range of population groups.
About 2d Dental Battalion’s AEGD Program
- Act as a primary care provider for individuals and groups of patients. This includes: providing emergency and multidisciplinary comprehensive oral health care; providing patient focused care that is coordinated by the general practitioner; directing health promotion and disease prevention activities.
- Plan and provide multidisciplinary oral health care for a wide variety of patients including patients with special needs.
- Manage the delivery of oral health care by applying concepts of patient and practice management and quality improvement that are responsive to a dynamic health care environment.
- Function effectively and efficiently in multiple health care environments within interdisciplinary health care teams.
- Apply scientific principles to learning and oral health care. This includes using critical thinking, evidence or outcomes-based clinical decision-making, and technology-based information retrieval systems.
- Utilize the values of professional ethics, lifelong learning, patient centered care, adaptability, and acceptance of cultural diversity in professional practice.
- Understand the oral health needs of communities and engage in community service.
2d Dental Battalion’s Advanced Education in General Dentistry program is proud to host the future of Navy Dentistry. The program’s clinical and didactic schedules are expertly structured to meet program goals and provide the best educational experience for the Navy’s newest dentists!
For more information about 2d Dental Battalion’s AEGD program, please contact: LCDR Jaren May (910)-450-2231 or email@example.com
For information on becoming a Naval Dental Officer, please contact your local Navy Healthcare Recruiter
POST GRADUATE DENTAL EDUCATION YEAR-I
ADVANCED EDUCATION IN GENERAL DENTISTRY AND GENERAL PRACTICE RESIDENCY PROGRAMS
Eligibility. To be eligible to apply for a PGY-1 training program, applicants must be in one of the following categories:
a. Senior dental school student currently enrolled in one of the following programs:
Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP), Navy Health Services Collegiate Program
(HSCP), or Navy 1925i Program.
b. Senior dental student approved for accession into the Navy or who is working with a Navy Officer Programs Recruiter to access into the Navy following graduation.
c. Civilian dentist working with a Navy Officer Programs Recruiter who will have less than one year of practice by the time the candidate would be projected to start a PGY-1 program.
d. Active duty dentist who will have less than one year of practice by the time the candidate would be projected to start a PGY-1 program.
Requirements. The following are required prior to beginning a PGY-1 program:
a. Possess a dental degree from an accredited U.S. dental school.
B. Successfully pass all parts of the National Board Dental Examination (NBDE).
c. Commissioned as an officer in the U. S. Navy Dental Corps.
d. Successfully complete Officer Development School (ODS).
Reference: NAVMEDPRODEVCTRNOTE 1520 06 JUL 2018